Thursday, April 26, 2012

Everyone, please stop trying to out-martyr the rest of the world!!!


I have been observing for quite sometime this "contest" between stay at home moms, working moms, single moms, single people, etc. to prove they are the busiest and have the most difficult life.  This really bugs me!

First of all, if you are a Christian, you should be doing what God called you to do--whether that is stay at home mom, working mom, single lady, etc.  I know that there are some who would say that it is wrong for moms to work outside the home.  I don't agree.  I think we need Christian ladies and moms to work in the world and be salt in the work place.  I admit this is my opinion.  Each family needs to decide what is best for THEIR family and worry about THEIR family.  Only the family itself can decide what is best for their family since each family is unique.

Please stop playing the martyr.  I hate seeing discussions about who is busier--the stay at home mom, working mom, or single lady.  I've seen stay at home moms insist they are the busiest chasing around kids all day while trying to get the home school and house work done.  I then hear working moms who say they are the busiest because they have to fit all the house work, dinner, errands, etc in on non-working hours.  I then hear the single lady say she is the busiest because all those with families don't volunteer, work late, or help granny so they must pick up the slack.  *SIGH* Isn't this a way to make oneself feel superior to those around them and really just pride?

Can we not just agree EVERYONE is busy, but in different ways???  As long as you are doing what God wants you do, doing it to the best of your ability and contributing to society, you are a hero in my book and God is also pleased with you.  Please stop trying to prove something and just be content with the job God has called you to. Please just play nicely in the sand box with everyone else--stay at home mom, working mom, single lady, etc.


Thanks for listening.  :)

No comments: