Sunday, August 16, 2009

GROSS!!!

We have a small leak under our kitchen sink that comes and goes--for several weeks now. I told hubby about it and he is thinking of a way to fix it. (I am not going to comment further on this, but many of you wives understand. :o) Last I had checked, before going on vacation, it seemed to be gone. Last week with VBS, I had little time to clean, so we were busy cleaning yesterday and I went to get some cleaner from under the sink and noticed a rather ucky smell, I thought the leak was probably back and it had probably gotten a towel wet, and made a mental note to check it out later. Later, I came back and the smell seemed even worse--like something had died under there. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I rather bravely decided to investigate further--wish I hadn't!!! There was a vase of water from the leak that a mouse had fallen into and drowned!!!! UGH!!!!!!! Did I mention the vase was FULL of water? UGH!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!
Words can not express the grossness of this. Thankfully hubby was near and came to my rescue--after all the kids got to see it. No, the leak is still not fixed, but naughty kids got to clean out the underneath of the sink--with clothespins on their nose. (Yes they really did put clothes pins on their nose.) I think it will be some time before I can open the cabinet under the sink without feeling like I need to take a shower--IN BLEACH!!!

2 comments:

BostonT said...

LOLOLOLOLOL!!! SO funny!! I read to Mom and we both have side aches from our chuckles!!!

~Molly

DealFinder said...

Eww, eww, eww! You have my complete sympathy! Good thing you had some naughty kids around to help you. ;~)