Thursday, January 7, 2010

Absence

Sorry for the prolonged absence. Just needed a mental break for awhile and kind of had writer's block. We had a nice time in Illinois for Christmas. We were able to spend a lot of time with family. I also stopped by to see the people I worked with during my first job as a nurse. All but one of them are still there. It was nice to catch up with them.

It has been a little difficult to get back into the routine of every day life. Work has been, not so much difficult from a "busy" stand point (though it has been busy--I've started crossing my fingers when someone asks me to do something when I'm away from my desk, so I remember and have run out of fingers to cross!--guess I'll have to start wearing shoes that allow me to cross my toes), but from a heavy hearted stand point. We had three clients pass away in a week, clients that we had for quite some time. Mine I had for almost 6 years and it was rather unexpected. We are also seeing drastic cuts in client's help, particularly for those who need it the most. It is heart breaking to think of them in bed for long periods of time with no help and unable to change position or having to make the choice of going to a nursing home instead of staying at home. Unfortunately, this is only the beginning.

God has put me in my job and I generally enjoy it and know I make a difference, so I am praying He will give me much grace and wisdom.

No comments: