Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mother Daughter Banquet 2012





Our theme for the Mother Daughter Banquet was "Walk with the Lord."  Several ladies decorated tables.  The girls and I were among them.  Our theme was: Walk with the Lord and shine with the light of life. 

  Our verse was:   
John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

We found this poem and had it on the table as well:

Walk With Me, Lord
In the morning before I start on my journey,
As I greet and prepare to meet you each new day,
Once more you strengthen my soul and encourage me
And bolster my confidence all along the way.
Lord, teach me how to walk by faith and not by sight.
Each time I renew my mind, I prove you once more:
That you withhold no good thing from those who walk upright–
I have seen your faithfulness countless times before,
As you opened doors when there seemed to be no way.
Though transient life brings heights of joy, depths of sorrow,
The love I share today surpasses yesterday
But fades in light of my love for you tomorrow.
Led by the spirit and not by mere emotion,
I begin this day with pure-hearted devotion.

We had fun making our table sparkle with gems.  The table "cloth" is material I'll make into skirts for the girls.  :)  I also have a nicely decorate summer bench in my entry way with the decorations from the table.  Love reusing things!

 

No comments: