Thursday, September 17, 2009

Think on These Things Thursday

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Matthew 11:28-29 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
It seems that life just keeps moving faster and faster and sometimes we feel we can't keep up anymore. Most of the times when we feel we can't keep up it is because we are trusting our own strength and not God's strength. How silly we are to try to do it on our own when God has offered His help. I wonder if He sees us like the little toddler trying to carry in the grocery sack that is way to heavy insisting "I can do it!" and refusing help only to tumble over with the groceries!
If our burden is heavy, we haven't given it to the Lord!

No comments: