Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend Recap

We had a nice weekend, went to a Twins game with some friends and enjoyed visiting with them. Looking forward to maybe enjoying a major league baseball game next year when they actually play outside where baseball SHOULD be played!!! Having said that, I'm probably guaranteed to only pick days to go when it is rainy, windy, and cold. :o)

I'm proud to say I drove in the twin cities for the third time and managed not to injure anyone too badly!!! Really wish the Twins played someplace like Hinckley, though--it would be a much nicer drive!!! :o) My shoulder muscles haven't recovered from the stress of driving in the cities. Guess I'm too much of a country bumpkin!

To my friend "S" at church, I thought of another song for your mental enjoyment--"This is a song that never ends..." :o)

I'm off to Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Brainerd, and Finlayson over the next couple of days, so I won't be posting. I get to stay in a bed and breakfast in Brainerd. I'm really looking forward to it, if I have to spend the night away from home for work, might as well enjoy it. She graciously upgraded me to my very own cabin since it is a Monday night. :o) Her e-mail said, "You also have a window air conditioner, microwave, fridge/freezer, and satellite T.V. Your evening snack/dessert will be on the old stove that you will see as soon as you are on the porch. There is make-it-yourself tea and hot chocolate by the microwave as well as microwave popcorn. Purified water to prepare the tea and hot chocolate is in the porch fridge. We'll start a fire in the evening in the stone fireplace on the back porch and you can keep throwing logs onto the fire as long as you like. The wood is located in a wagon near the fireplace. Breakfast will be served at 8:30 a.m. in the railroad car tea room at the far end of the back porch. " Here's a picture of the cabin: http://www.whiteleycreek.com/queen_of_the_meadow_bloom/bb_cottages/

1 comment:

DealFinder said...

Don't forget to come back after your B&B stay!

I ditto you on the outdoor stadium concept.

I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves . . .