Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's all in how you look at things...

The last three weeks have not been easy. Not horrific, just stressful. Part of the difficulty is that I am waiting to put my ducks in a row, but can't seem to find the ducks to put in a row!!! When things get difficult, I generally mull things over in my mind until I can find a positive/humorous way to look at them. Lately, though it seems that the rose colored glasses have been difficult to keep on. I have been rathered annoyed at myself also because I haven't been so good at leaving the burdens at God's feet. I keep finding them strapped to my back AGAIN. VERY silly of me, I know!

I found these quotes also (thanks mom for the Chicken Soup for the Nurse's Soul book):
I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do. E. E. Hale

The ability to laugh at life is right at the top with love and communication, in the hierarchy of our needs. Humor has much to do with pain; it exaggerates the anxieties and absurdities we feel, so that we gain distance and through laughter, relief--Sara Davidson

I am going to meditate on these verses and pray when I start feeling panicked. I think that looking at things in the light of God's Word should make the day/week/month go better. :o)
I Peter 5:7--Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.


Job 39:11 Wilt thou trust Him, because His strength is great? or wilt thou leave thy labour to Him?

No comments: