Thursday, December 17, 2009

Think on These Things Thursday


Philippians 4:8--Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things.

I love to read the Christmas story over and over the couple of weeks before Christmas. I am always struck with God's miracle of love for us. Over and over it says "that it might be fulfilled" or "as it was spoken by the prophet". How long He loved and planned for salvation for us, even though we are so unworthy. I also can not wrap my brain around the knowledge that God loved me so much He was willing to leave a perfect, beautiful place where He was loved and worshipped to come to the imperfect world to be scorned, doubted and murdured. All so that each of us, though unworthy and imperfect might live with Him in Heaven some day. Such love in uncomprehendable to me!

Let's keep focused on the true meaning of Christmas this year.

No comments: