Thursday, December 3, 2009

Philippians 4:8--Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things.

As the Christmas season approaches, I thought I would focus on a few names of Christ.

Emmanuel
Matthew 1:23--Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

It is so great to have a God who is with us and helping us throughout our life!

Only Begotten
John 1:14--And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

It amazes me that God would leave a perfect place in Heaven and come to the imperfect earth to be despised, rejected and then beaten and crucified for me so that someone as imperfect as I could go to Heaven.

1 comment:

DealFinder said...

Emmanuel is one of my favorite names for Jesus - what a truly awesome meaning!