Wednesday, July 15, 2009


I apologize for not posting much, but it has been busy since we returned from our trip and my mom is here.

To recap our trip, I picked the kids up at Camp on Saturday, June 27th, then headed to IL. The kids got to use their DVD player they got for Christmas for the first time. I'm amazed to be able to say we got it to work just fine WITHOUT Daddy along! Of course, I did have Timothy. We went to a friend's house in IL (hopefully they are still friends after I invaded them with four kids and four loads of laundry to do before Sunday morning when we had to leave for TN--Thanks Pam and Brian!) I got to go see my mom's new house.

We left Sunday morning, leaving behind "Z" with mom. Mike and I had found a church about 1 1/2 hours away that would put us a bit on the way to TN. When I got the "Harvest Baptist Church" the building had obviously been deserted for awhile and now read "arvest aptist Church". I went to a gas station and found another Baptist church. The kids learned about Christian rock music, unfortunately first hand. They realized it was wrong right away, thanks to Mr. Doyle Robertson. We arrived safely in Murfreesboro, TN. We went to McDonalds so the kids could play in the outdoor playland. We bought five icecream cones and a cheeseburger for $4.12! We went to church at Franklin Road Baptist Church. It was a great patriotic service. David Gibbs of the Christian Law Association was the speaker. We went to the Bill Rice Ranch after church. I always feel a little like I've come home when I go to the Ranch. Some things have changed since I was last there about 7 years ago, but it is still the same in many ways, especially the most important--their standards and preaching! It is so nice to go somewhere and see that they are standing by the Word of God and not compromising!!!

The camp week was relatively uneventful. A few bumps and scrapes and creepy crawlies to deal with, but overall a good week. I'm so thankful the Lord answered my prayers in this regard. The most excitement was provided by "T" who was knocked out for a few seconds by accident playing basketball. He was fine, though.

The kids and I did get to go on a Cowboy Cookout. The preaching was great. I enjoyed meeting old friends and making some new ones.

I'll probably post more later about the weekend. The clock is running away from me! :o)

No comments: