Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Weekend Recap

We had a nice weekend. On Friday, my furniture arrived. The furniture store had told me it would arrive at between 9am and noon. It arrived promptly at 9am and was set up by 9:30. I was then able to get the room set up and all the clothes put away before going to work at noon. :o)

Friday night, I got most of the food ready for Saturday and started getting the house in order. Fixing the food led to a great "Z" quote. I was making chocolate cookies and put chocolate chips in half and peanut butter chips in half. "Z" asked me why I was making two kinds, I said, "Some people don't like peanut butter chips." "Z" replied, "Teenagers aren't people, they're just scary." (Apparently there are a couple of teens that tend to pick on him a bit, so he finds them a little scary.)

Saturday, we went snow tubing. NO injuries. The teens had a nice time and then came over for refreshments and Pastor Steve had a message on Salvation.

On Saturday night, we introduced the kids to Castle Risk, which is similar to regular Risk, only you don't have to conquer the whole world, just capture the other people's castles so the game is shorter. They enjoyed it. We are going to play again this weekend.

No comments: