Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kitchen Tip Tuesday

How to Make Your Dog a "Helper" in the Kitchen/Free Dog Treat

We have a rather spoiled, VERY well loved dog who allows us to live in "his" house.  :o)  He enjoys being in the kitchen when I cook, I'm sure to keep me "company." 

I hate cleaning out cans/jars so they can be recycled.  He enjoys cleaning out cans for me.  A win, win.  I have a can opener that does not leave any sharp edges.  When I have a can or a jar that needs to be cleaned out and the contents are safe for dogs, I give him the can or jar and he very cheerfully cleans it out for me, then I just pick it up when he is done and put it in the recycling. 

Ways this is a helpful:
  1. I don't have to do a chore I don't like.
  2. I'm saving water.
  3. It keeps my dog busy and out from under my feet.
  4. I hate having anything left in the jar, now I can feel less guilty because I am providing nutrition to my dog.  (I still get as much out as I can with a spatula)
  5. I often get my feet warmed up in return.


Now I just need to teach him to take the can/jar TO the recycling!

Here is a link to a website that has a list of not safe foods for dogs:  www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1659&aid=1030

For more great Kitchen Tips, visit:  www.tammysrecipes.com/easy_avocado_dicing

Our crazy dog, Duke:



1 comment:

Alea Milham said...

I absolutely love this post! I am adding to my list of reasons why we need a dog. Thanks for the link to unsafe foods for dogs. I have wondered what I could give my dad's dog when I dogsit.