Thursday, April 15, 2010

Think On These Things Thursday


Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Following God's Leading

Proverbs 3:5-6--Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I have been praying about finding a new job for about a year.  God has not given me peace about moving on, so I have stayed put.  Last month, He gave me peace about pursuing other jobs.  I had an interview this week and that is a whole other story, which I will tell you if I get the job.  :o)  I have been praying about whether to tell my boss or not.  I have worked at my current job for over seven years, we've been through some pretty interesting times together and there is the possibility that decisions could be made that would be made differently if she knew I was looking for another job.  I know that conventional wisdom is not to let your employer know, but I didn't have peace about following this.  I told her and she was sad, but understanding and told me she would do whatever she could to help me get the job, including not having to give a four week notice.  Giving a four week notice has been a big concern for me because I know they want to get this position filled ASAP.  I am so happy I followed God's leading.  I have much more peace of mind and no longer feel deceitful.  I am in no way saying you should always let your employer know that you are looking for another job, however you SHOULD follow God's leading.

I think it is wonderful to be able to leave God in charge of our lives and leave the worries to Him!!!

No comments: