Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Kitchen Tip Tuesday


Homemade Noodle Tip:
After rolling out your noodles for homemade noodles, use a pizza cutter to cut them out. Works great--much better than the knife or scissors I used to use. :o)


Humor

Diary of a new wife:

  • It's fun to cook for David . Today I made angel food cake. The recipe said beat 12 eggs separately. The neighbors were nice enough to loan me some extra bowls.
  • A good day for rice. The recipe said wash thoroughly before steaming the rice. It seemed kind of silly but I took a bath anyway. I can't say it improved the rice any.
  • Today David asked for salad I tried a new recipe. It said prepare ingredients; lay on a bed of lettuce one hour before serving. David asked me why I was rolling around in the garden.
  • I found an easy recipe for cookies. It said put the ingredients in a bowl and beat it. There must have been something wrong with this recipe. When I got back, everything was the same as when I left.
  • David did the shopping today and brought home a chicken. He asked me to dress it for Sunday. I don't have any clothes that fit it, and for some reason David keeps counting to ten.
  • David's folks came to dinner. I wanted to serve roast but all I had was hamburger. Suddenly I had a flash of genius.. I put the hamburger in the oven and set the controls for roast. It still came out hamburger, much to my disappointment.
  • GOOD NIGHT DEAR DIARY. This has been a very exciting week! I am eager for tomorrow to come so I can try out a new recipe on David . If I can talk him into buying a bigger oven, I would like to surprise him with a chocolate moose.
For more great kitchen tips, visit: http://www.tammysrecipes.com/node/3174

1 comment:

DealFinder said...

I would love to see the moose! Thanks for the laughs! And I love my kitchen shears. I use them for lots of things that make my David wonder about me. :~)