Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kitchen Tip Tuesday


When you put a "prepared meal" or even the main part of a meal, like taco meat or meatballs and sauce in the freezer, write it on a 3x5 card and keep it in the front of your recipe box.
Cross off things as you use them and add to the card as you add to the freezer.
Since I don't seem to have as good of a memory as I used to this, this has helped me a lot and helped me not to waste food because I forgot it was in the freezer until it was covered by two inches of ice crystals.
I can also look at the 3x5 card when I am planning my menu for the week and decide if want to use anything from the freezer. This also helps if you need to take a meal to someone on short notice.
For more great kitchen tips, visit: http://www.tammysrecipes.com/node/3591

No comments: