Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saving you...

Time:
I needed to finish getting my apples in the freezer/ready to cook with. I had nearly half a bushel left. I was using my apple wedger, but it doesn't cut all the way through, so I had to then pull all the apple wedges through the wedger. I finally got smart (unfortunately when I was over 1/2 done) and used the handle of a wooden spoon to push the core the rest of the way out, then you basically had a "bloomin apple" which was easy to break into pieces for the food processor. The kids helped a lot and cut the time in half!!!! I LOVE helpers.

Money:
I went to the eye doctor on Saturday. I asked her about my eyes burning and if I could use cheaper solution to rinse/put them in my eye and the more expensive stuff to soak. (I've tried the store brand stuff and it doesn't work for me. I have to replace my contacts twice as much!!!) She said to use the contact solution to soak them and then buy NORMAL SALINE to rinse and put them in my eyes. It is A LOT cheaper!!! Also, she said that the contact solution has disinfectants that irritate some peoples eyes, so rinsing in Normal Saline actually helps to decrease eye irritation since it gets rid of the chemicals. I tried the Normal Saline today and my eyes felt much better. I love it--two problems solved with one "solution". :o)

No comments: