Friday, April 3, 2009

A great quote

“You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people’s initiative and independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for the masses, what they could and should do for themselves.” ….. Abraham Lincoln

I can't think of a better way to say what I've been thinking. Now to convince our current government! Isn't it a little encouraging, though to be reminded that the same sentiments that are being pushed today were pushed, even back then, yet America survived. I know that the world has changed a lot since then. I also know that God is just as in control today as back then!!!

1 comment:

DealFinder said...

I liked this quote so much that I copied and pasted it into my facebook for others to read as well.