Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Crock Pot Pizza Sauce

In reply to Sarah's question--I kind of combine the two recipes. The main difference in my recipes is that the spaghetti sauce has more basil and garlic and the pizza sauce has fennel and more oregano. Basically to make your own sauce, I do something along these lines--sorry I can't give you an exact recipe since I tend to guess when cooking.

3 cans (15oz each) of tomato sauce, you could use also use crushed tomatoes for part or all of this
2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. fennel
1/2 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. basil
2 tsp. oregano

You would need to season it to your taste.  I really am not sure about amounts of seasonings, I don't measure and will sometimes throw in other seasoning that catch my fancy.  :o)  Basil and garlic are the most important, though.  :o)

No comments: