Friday, March 12, 2010

Think on These Things

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

I must apologize for totally missing Think on These Things Thursday.  I'm afraid that my work life has been pretty hard on my heart this week, and my brain hasn't been functioning at full throttle.

I am so glad that when things get tough, though that we can know that God is in charge.  We can't always control what happens to us or those around us, but we can control our reactions.  I am afraid mine have not always been the best this week.  Until I spent a lot of time in prayer and I know had many people praying for me, my main reaction was anger.  Anger can be right, but usually isn't.  Even if you are angry for the right reasons, it is very easy to say and do things that are not right or to have a bad attitude.

I am glad though for all the blessings God has given me.  Really, my life is blessed in so many ways.  I have a wonderful family, God who takes care of me and loves me, and a great church family and many wonderful Christian friends.  My work life has been pretty stressful for awhile, but I know that God has me there for a reason.  I will continue there until He gives me the green light to move on. There are many people who have lost their jobs, have stressful work lives and then they go home to a stressful home life and don't have faith in a God who cares for them.  It breaks my heart and terrifies me to think of life without a God who loves me, takes care of me, and works everything together for good!

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
I originally put this verse in a card for a friend who was told her job will end next week.  It struck me today, though that this verse while mainly applied to supplying our monetary/physical needs can also be applied to God supplying whatever we need, be it spiritual, physical, strength, wisdom, control over our emotions, etc.  How often, though we run about, wearing ourselves out trying to provide all those things ourselves, instead of going to the One who has already promised these things to us through HIS RICHES!!!

No comments: