Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Kitchen Tip Tuesday

Iced Tea

Now that Spring is in the air, my hubby started wanting tea.  Not being a huge fan of all that sugar in my tea, I usually make mine with Stevia and add some lemon juice.  

I usually use 4 tea bags (black tea) for two quarts of iced tea.

Here are some ideas:

  1. I heat up the water for the tea in my tea kettle and throw the tea bags in a glass 2 cup measuring cup. I add the hot water, let it steep about ten minutes, pour the tea into the pitcher add any other ingredients, stir, and fill the pitcher the rest of the way up.

  2. Heating the water in the tea kettle allows me to make iced tea for hubby and myself.  I can also get a cup of hot tea out of it, so I am able to get two chores and a treat done all at once.  ;O)

  3. If you have some flavored tea you bought and it is flavorful, but not to your liking, throw one of those tea bags in with your others.  You won't be able to taste the not-to-your-liking tea hardly at all and it beats throwing the tea out.

  4. Instead of Stevia, which is rather spendy, I've been experimenting with fruit juice to sweeten my tea.  Fresh pineapple juice and orance juice have been quite tasty.  Make sure you aren't using juice with sugar added to it!

No comments: