Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Couldn't resist...

PLEASE understand.  I am NOT a birther, I think that President Obama IS a US citizen and therefore a legitimate president.  I think that he deserves the respect due his office.  However I do enjoy the humor of the letter a friend posted on her facebook account.

Dear President Obama,
I am writing today with a somewhat unusual request. First and foremost, I will be asking that you return the United States to its August 20th, 1959 borders so that Hawaii is no longer a state and you are no longer a citizen.

Sincerely,

Benjamin Netanyahu
Prime Minister of Israel
 
I think that while this is truly ludicrous, if serious, I think it is equally as ludicrous to expect Isreal to return to it's pre-1967 borders.  While Hawaii is a nice state, it would not drastically affect our national security to give it back.  Returning to pre 1967 borders would drastically affect Isreal's security!!!

No comments: