Friday, May 27, 2011

A day off--or maybe not

Wal-mart trip complete.  Plants were crazy expensive, so I bought seeds.  I'm going to make my flower boxes out front work this year and I'm planting vegetables in there also.  I saw a sign for plants at a little house and stopped, I was able to buy healthier plants for about 1/2 the price!!!  Garden weeded (REALLY hate dandelions and hope my neighbor mows soon to cut down the ones all over his yard so they don't end up in mine!!!) and planted--We have tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, squash, lettuce, radishes, cantaloupe and cucumbers planted.  Will be interesting to see what actually comes up!!!  :)  It is a great feeling to have accomplished so much today.  I only have a couple more food prep things for the trip and then need to pack.  I must say it has been fun, the kids were helpful most of the day.  Think I may go to bed early!!!

No comments: