Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama's Death

I'm still not quite sure how I feel about his death.  I realize that it is a huge political and military victory and that I am grateful for.  I am also glad our military personnel won't be endangering their lives looking for him any more.  I am also extremely grateful that this seems to have been handled very intelligently by our officials.  I would love to be able to agree with a rather naive journalist who stated that this ends the war on terror.  I suppose the war on terror will need a new "face."  However, I don't really think the war on terror will ever end this side of Heaven.  My hubby thinks this is a huge psychological victory, I feel that it will only incite more anger and retaliation against the US. 

There is also a part of me that really can't be happy about anyone's death, particularly someone so obviously deceived throughout his life and someone so godless.  I can't imagine what it must have been for him to wake up in Hell.  How surprised he must have been after living his whole life thinking he was earning his way to the Seventh Heaven. 

Even sadder is the thought of how many more young Muslims will be manipulated into joining radical groups due to his death. 

I guess after putting this in writing, I really just feel sadness for all those who have been deceived by any religion.  I am relieved that this man hunt has been put to rest and people will not be risking their lives searching for him.  Just wish this really ended the war on terror and that no more lives on either side would be lost.

No comments: