Thursday, May 26, 2011

Think On These Things Thursday


Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Frustration
Matthew 11:28-30
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I seem to be frustrated with circustances out of my control frequently--whether it is work, home, or just people.  I often find myself wishing I had more time, wishing those around me were a bit more....well perfect.  :)  This often leads to a frustration. 

When I get frustrated, I need to realize that I am taking on the difficulties of life instead of leaving them with the Lord.  He has promised us rest in Matthew 11:28-30 if we will come to Him--not once, but twice!!!  We have to come to Him, though and give our burdens to Him!  Also, praying for the person or situation is a great way to give your burden to the Lord and helps to decrease frustrations with others.  I also often ask God to help me to remember to give the burden back to Him if I take it back from Him!!!  We can also ask Him for wisdom or to change our hearts or another's heart.  I also need to remember that the world is in His hands, not mine, so it is not my responsibility to solve the world's problems!  (Thankfully!!!)  Really, none of us would want the responsibility of the world in our hands so why do we walk around with the weight of the world's problem weighing us down?  Pretty silly when you think about it.  Kind of like the child struggling with the bag of potatoes who insists on carrying it, even when a parent offers and ultimately ends us falling or dropping the potatoes!

I also need to remember that frustration is really a sin because I am not leaving things to the Lord.  I also tend to be short tempered and complain when I am frustrated.  Also, it is not worth the guilt to be short tempered!

Remeber, if we have given our burdens to Him your burden will be light, not heavy. Heavy means you have not given them to Him because His burden is light!

No comments: