Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Psalm 91/God Answers Even the Smallest Prayer

Psalm 91:14-16
Because he hath set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him My salvation.

On Sunday, our Pastor preached on Psalm 91. This is one of my favorite Psalms. It reminds me to be faithful so I can stay in (vs. 1) the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. What a wonderful place to be! Our Pastor talked about how this Psalm was written by Moses and the shadow probably refers to the area of the Israelite camp that the shadow of "the cloud by day". It also promises me protection and answered prayer.

God wants us to bring our requests to Him, even ones that may not seem that important. He tells us in James, "ye have not because ye ask not". So often, we try to do things on our own and then wonder why things don't turn out so good. I posted on Monday that I got my hair cut. I know that most people probably don't think too much about a haircut--it's just part of life. I was rather concerned, however that I would end up with a bad haircut--which in my world would mean, not so much that it looked ridiculous, but that I would have to spend time actually "doing" my hair. I prayed that God would give me the right beautician and hair cut that even I could make look decent. (I am missing the hair gene that allows you to know where to put the curling iron to achieve a "cute" hairstyle.) As I was waiting for my turn, both of the beauticians "on the clock" were busy and another one clocked in. Let's just say that we probably wouldn't have spoke quite the same language. I would have said "conservative" and she would have thought I only wanted three inches of my hair to stand on end instead of six inches. Thankfully, there was another lady in front of me and the next beautician that clocked in couldn't have been nicer and did a great job with what she had to work with. My hair cut is such that I can literally shake my head and it is done, or I can pull it back, or curl it if I feel brave! God answered my prayer and I am so thankful!

He has answered many prayers over the last month and even kept my family safe when we didn't know we needed to pray for safety! What a wonderful God we serve!

No comments: