Friday, May 22, 2009

Think on These Things Thursday



Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Php 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
1Ti 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.Heb 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Matthew 6:19-34
I hadn't planned to post on contentment this week, but it is kind of a logical continuation of last week and a conversation yesterday got me to thinking about this.
Yesterday I was talking with a lady who is a single mom of two kids with special needs. She works two jobs as a CNA (hard work). In case you think they are both part time, they are not. One is full time, and the other part time. She lives in a small apartment where one the bedrooms is in the dining room. The cars I've known her to own are at least 10 years old. We were talking about flowers which led to her talking about a guy she knows who has big green house on his land. I said that one was attached my "dream house", but never really cared if I got my dream house because stuff doesn't bring happiness. She quickly agreed with me and said, you know I'm happy with what I have. I have what I need and if there is a little money left for something extra, that's nice. This is a lady who by government standards probably lives beneath the "poverty line." However, she is happy. She has decided to bloom where she is planted!
I've really been trying to "bloom where I'm planted" and just be content. Whether it is at work, at home, my physical abilities, talents, etc. She has given me new inspiration.
God has promised to take care of us and to provide our needs. Do you know anyone with more resources to do so? Then why don't we trust Him and His wisdom more?

No comments: