Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Easy Meatballs


Meatballs

Ingredients:

1 pound of ground beef
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. rolled oats*
3/4 c. parmesan cheese
**2 tbsp. parsley
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

* I use anything from rolled oats to whole wheat bread crumbs to wheat bran and oatmeal, etc. I also throw in ground flax seed sometimes--depends on what I have on hand. :o)
**You can add what ever spices would be most appropriate for the recipe you are going to put the meatballs in.

Directions:
1. Mix together all ingredients well.
2. Divide and shape into meatballs. (I usually make about 24 meatballs.) You can use a cookie dough type scoop to help keep them uniform or dump the meat mixture on a flat surface, shape it into a rectangle and then divide it into 24 sections with a pizza cutter, then shape into the meatballs.
3. Place the meatballs on a broiler pan. Cook in 400 degree oven for ten minutes or until done. ***This is SO much easier than trying to cook them in a skillet, I tried that and always ended up with glorified ground beef! It also allows a lot of the grease to be cooked out! You can let them drain on paper towels to decrease the grease even more.

When I buy ground beef, I generally double this recipe and cook them, then put them in the freezer to use in spaghetti, make Swedish meatballs or pizza meatballs at a later time.
For more great Kitchen Tips, visit Tammy's Recipe at: http://www.tammysrecipes.com/node/3159

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those look yummy! thank you for sharing!

DealFinder said...

I have to try this (and freeze some!)!

DealFinder said...

Ok, now I've tried 'em, and they were great! Everything was very yummy (what did you do for the cheesy bread??)!