Tuesday, January 13, 2009

German Chocolate Cake Cookies

Ingredients:
1 German Chocolate Cake mix
2 eggs
½ c. melted butter or oil
½ c. oats (I’ve used both quick cooking and rolled)
1c. chocolate chips—I have used all types, added peppermint extract and peppermint candy also.

1. Combine all ingredients, mix together well.
2. Drop 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. (I use parchment paper)
3. Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes. (Take them out before they appear done or you will have hard cookies.)
4. Cool 5 min. on pan, move to wire rack to cool. Enjoy.

These are my favorite "in a pinch" cookies. They aren't super healthy, but they are super easy. :o) I buy cake mixes when they are on sale and keep them on hand "just in case". They are like the Wendy's Frosty--the perfect amount of chocolate. I get many requests for the recipe. :o)

For more kitchen timps visit: http://www.tammysrecipes.com/node/3140

3 comments:

cooking like a frugalite said...

Yum! I love German Chocolate Cake. Thanks for sharing! Jennifer @ cooking like a frugalite

DealFinder said...

Mmmm . . . frosties! I think I feel a craving coming on.

Becky said...

Better hurry and have your husband take you for one or two or three while you still have a good excuse--would you like pickles with that frosty?