Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pray BEFORE You Get Yourself In Trouble!!!

I had a situation yesterday at work in which I had to talk with someone about a matter. Because I had always been able to handle these situations in the past, it did not cross my mind to say a quick prayer before I began to speak. Let's just say things kind of ran amuck. It has served as a great reminder that I always need the Lord's wisdom. I realize now that because I have done my job for almost 6 years, I sometimes see myself as being able to handle the job on my own.

I now see that I could have probably handled things differently and I would at least feel better about my end of the conversation. I usually pray for wisdom before I leave home, but need to remember to pray throughout the day and especially when handling potentially difficult situations.

This has served as a good reminder that while "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13, I also fail quite well on my own. :o)

I just read a devotional after I posted the above post and it was about our work. And how important it is to always remember that our work affects our testimony.
Galations 6:9 "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."--A good reminder to me that there is never an excuse to become frustrated with people. :o)

1 comment:

DealFinder said...

I was with you until you said there's never any excuse to be frustrated with people. That stepped on my whole foot! :~)