Friday, January 2, 2009

You can learn a lot from the kids...

You know how there are times when the little people in your life can bring you to shame! My kids did that to me last night. It is our month to clean the church and after working all day, I really did not want to go clean. I would have done it, but probably not real cheerfully. The girls ended up having piano lessons. (They are usually on Thursday, but due to the holiday, we had talked about moving them. Their teacher called on Friday morning to ask.) My awesome hubby said he would clean the church if I picked up the kids and took the girls to piano lessons. I thought this was a GREAT deal! But then, on the way to piano lessons, the kids asked when we were going to clean the church. I rather cheerfully said that dad was doing that. All four kids were most disappointed that they did not get to help! I had a chorus of "when will we get to help?", "why can't we clean it tomorrow",etc. I appeased the forces by letting them know that they can help after church on Sunday, so I didn't have full mutiny in my minivan. Needless to say, my kids made me feel really fortunate that they "let" me be their mom. :o)

I also realized that I need to be more cheerful about serving the Lord in even the "little" things. 2 Corinthians 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. Giving of our time and energy is a part of giving to Him.

No comments: