Monday, January 12, 2009

Let me be on the sidelines!

Psalm 91:7-9
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

I am currently memorizing Psalm 91. These are the verses I am memorizing this week. I started working on them this morning and they spoke to my heart. These are uncertain times both nationally and globally. I won't go into a list of my concerns, lest I add any of mine to your list. ;o) Everyone has concerns. But we shouldn't be worrying about them. God is in control. I don't really think the world or our country is coming to an end, but even if it is, God is with us and will take care of us. God has promised to take care of His people over and over again in Scripture. We need to make sure we are doing what is right so that only with our eyes will we see the reward of the wicked. I'd certainly rather be on the sidelines watching than in the midst of the trouble! We also need to make sure we are telling others about Salvation so they can join us in watching the reward of the wicked instead of being included in it!

No comments: